Recycling Collections by High Peak Borough Council


The BROWN bin is used for:

  • Plastic bottles, tubs and trays (NOT plastic bags)
  • Glass Bottles & Jars
  • Food tins and drinks cans
  • Empty aerosols
  • Foil
  • Newspapers and magazines, junk mail
  • Yellow pages and telephone directories
  • Greetings cards and wrapping paper
  • Cardboard packaging and boxes
  • Office paper, writing paper and envelopes


The GREEN-lidded bin is used for:  

  • Garden waste and Food scraps (MUST be in a sealed recycling bag).


The BLACK bin is used for:  

  • ALL General rubbish or anything not recycled.


Please do not over fill the bins and ensure that the lids close firmly - if they don't fully close then the council will refuse to collect them.


This information is collated from the high peak borough council website.


Please ensure that the correct bins are put out for collection each week.


Please keep an eye on your "Bin Day" and make sure that the bins are put out and brought in promptly.


More details on collection dates etc are available from High Peak Borough Council website.